Sunday, November 4, 2012

More like Wreck My Feelings


So in waiting to get back to the great state of Virginia, and having nothing to do since it was 11am and the bus didn't come until 2, my friends and I went and saw Wreck-it Ralph (Well, they slept I watched).

And as far as I was concerned, the movie was excellent. It was a great mix of funny, dramatic and heart-warming that made it easy to watch even in my sleep-deprived state, but obviously had enough humor to keep everyone happy.

However this movie wasn't for the kids by a long shot. It was a shout out to the adults that decided to see it with their kids (and the 10 or so of us that wanted to see it because of video games) and it did just that. There were countless references to other video games that children will never know about and graffiti that pointed to memes and youtube videos (which you'll miss if you're actually paying attention to the movie). And when you think about it, its sad that these kids won't really know about the majority of these retro game references, because to be honest, I barely knew about them myself.

In any case, a movie that gets an 84% from rotten tomatoes is a worth-while watch. So by all means go out, watch it and get emotional as they turn the hero into the good guy.


1 comment:

  1. I would have liked a little less Sugar land (or whatever it was!) but you're right: Very Retro. Do you think more so than Toy Story?
    Good comments
    And by the way: Your best game ever was excellent (A)

    ReplyDelete